Friday 11 April 2014

Goodbye My Love

It hurts me so,
Seeing your tear on the floor,
You make my chest grow,
In a heave so long.

I sigh for the days begone,
But I have to say Goodbye.
You are the one I do love,
But I am not the only one you have,
You have a crowd behind your back,
And you distribute kisses and hugs,
Like the unlimited winds of dusk.

My heart cries,
Tears no longer stay in the eye,
All sorrows are mine,
Because I know you can't be mine.

Yes, I did cry,
If you think men don't cry,
Oh how hard I tried,
To suppress the sob with a smile,
My sorrows go for miles.

Oh how hard I tried,
To prove my love with no pride.
I didn't have a mansion
like all the others do,
But my hut provided warmth.
I did't drive a limo
like all the others do.
But my bike so old carried us
as we drank in the wind of love
our laughter ringing like the birds.
I didn't see the skies
like the other do,
But at the bank of the river,
Where the brown waters whisper,
I taught you the names of the birds.
I didn't give you jewels
like the others do,
But I made you a leafy crown,
Because you were my queen
natural like the morning dew
stuck on the leaves
by an inevitable pull,
that I deemed equivalent to our passion.

My love,
You rejected all I had,
and went for what I had not,
You left me in pieces,
My heart with stains of greases,
The river no longer whispered,
It rumbled.
The bike no longer ran,
It tumbled with each peddle.
The leaves no longer shone,
They looked awful to the eye.
My being was trampled on,
Like the Euphrates in time of war,
In the days of Old.
My heart became solid,
and giving it out,
I swore,
I would never risk.
It was broken once,
and the effect was such a great,
I wouldn't sustain another.

So my Love,
Please just go,
Your presence irks my composure,
know I will cry when you go,
But you can take that limo,
At least that is all you needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment